Saturday, October 5, 2013

What's in My Bag? Writers Edition(Leah's Post)

So I was scrolling through youtube one time or another, and I noticed flashy titles advertising, "What's in my bag!" Now, I'll admit, I never once opened even a single one of those videos but it gave me an idea. How about do one to show all of you guys? So without further or due, here is a glimpse into the bag of a writer, please keep in mind that I carry a bag the size of an eighteen wheeler. Also, some componenets are interchangeable so yeah.


Black Sharpie: If it isn't obvious by the faded writing, I use this thing a LOT. I can't live without it, I can't go without it, and I never ever trust people who ask to borrow it. (Let that be a life lesson, no one should ever ask to borrow your black sharpie without supervision)

Tinted Lip Balm: If you notice, this lip balm is actually the Christmas themed one. It was sent to me in a care package by my aunt last December and I still have it. Yay me! (I can't even keep a fish for 3 hours either it disappears in the toilet or in my stomach) This is a lifesaver. Not only is it a SPF and wonderful moisturizer, but it goes on a nice tinted raspberry color. I am not the type of girl to layer on the makeup. That's why I like this, I can apply it anywhere, anytime without a mirror and I know it will keep my lips purty.


Wet n' Wild Megalength Mascara: Like I said, I refuse to spend time applying a face full of makeup but even being my nerdy self, I do like to maintain that innocent librarian type look. I've tried many mascara's but this is by far my very favorite. The bristles are surprisingly tiny and when I first bought it, I was on the verge of marching back into the store to get my money back. However, when I applied it I realized that maybe these magical mascara fairies had a method to their madness! It's perfect and I suggest it to everyone. The bristles grab every single one of your lashes and make them look fluttery and sweet. 


This eraser....I can't even.....I won't even...asfkjbs;gskhdfbfj LOVE: Seriously, my aunt gave me this today and I don't know where from but I will tell you, it was sent by the Gods. I don't care how heavy it is, I will forever carry it around to write any wrongs that could ever possibly mar my life. Just look at it! Ahhhhh perf. :)


Mini Perfume: I do not suggest buying perfume from those mini bottles that you can find at dollar stores. The one displayed here was personally given to me by someone I know who makes these but you can find them at beauty salons,salon stores, flea markets, places like that. They're incredibly cheap for such good quality scents and there's no way you will bump into anyone with the exact same one as you. I love to use this one as an emergency measure. It doesn't spray, it rubs on to your skin so it also gives you a very pretty but not oily glow so you end up looking like you've just walked out of a perfume magazine advertisement. I love reading magazines at the library and now I don't have to swipe the scented advertisements. xD I kid!



Ugh, these cursed things. Okay I give up, I really do need these glasses, I'm as blind as a bat if I have to read anything thats two feet away. On the brighter note, I like to put them on when I'm at fancy places, I get nods of approval and I can keep from looking like an idiot by tripping and falling over entrees and bus boys.


A good book: This is one of those interchangeable pieces since I'm always reading a new book. Depending on where I'm going, I may carry it in my hand with my purse strap hanging from my mouth. I kid again! No but really, my book ALWAYS comes first. (I'm not really into vampire books but I borrowed this from my cousin and so far, it's pretty good!)


Finally, My writing binder. Now this, I try to bring with me everywhere because I never know when inspiration will strike or when I remember something that I forgot while writing. It's actually really big so it's hard to find space for it, but I manage.

I hope you enjoyed this post and got a few ideas as to what you might want to put in you own purse if you carry one. Comment below and let me know :) (that rhymed.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think! But keep in mind negativity will be quickly deleted, and you will be banned from this site!
What you type here, will be for the public's eye. For a more personal approach feel free to email us! (All of our emails will be in the 'Meet G.o.a.l.l.a.p' tab!)