Thursday, October 10, 2013

Colours ~ Aveen

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in the blog post about colours from me this week! I was sick most of this week from the flu and missed some school, which is all well and good, except for when you feel so incredibly sick you just want to curl up in a corner and cry. As soon I went back to school I had a mountain of homework, especially essays which are extremely time consuming. Apologies if this is very short, I'm writing this then finishing my English essay about Sylvia Plath!

So colours. I know my font colour choices aren't exactly colourful, but what is so magical about colours? First of all, it is actually impossible to think of a new colour apparently! But colours possess emotions and the ability to calm a person and their soul. It's quite amazing really that something so apparently insignificant can affect the human brain in such a huge way.

If you didn't know, my room is turquoise. I'm not quite sure why I chose it, I guess I found the colour to be 'cool' and interesting. I was talking to one of my teachers in Transition Year last year and she spoke to our class about colours. Turquoise I discovered is a very calming colour and relaxes the mind, and is apparently an ideal colour to paint your room or a relaxing area.

There are four main psychological primary colours, red, blue green and yellow (or just the primary colours and green) They relate to the body, mind, emotions and essential balance.

The website here!! is excellent for describing colours and I'd really recommend reading it. It's quite fascinating reading about how all the different colours affect us and our bodies, spirits and balance.

Sorry this post was a tad short!
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless
Aveen x x

1 comment:

  1. Sorry that you were sick, it truly is one of the worst things ever ;/ I LOVE turquoise! Personally, I wanna paint my room a very soft lilac kind of color. Wonder what the psychological meaning of that is? guess I'll be checking out that site!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you think! But keep in mind negativity will be quickly deleted, and you will be banned from this site!
What you type here, will be for the public's eye. For a more personal approach feel free to email us! (All of our emails will be in the 'Meet G.o.a.l.l.a.p' tab!)