Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Confidence Playlist

Let's face it, it doesn't matter how many times we hear it, see it, or our mom's repeatedly tell us we're beautiful. What is it about being a teenage girl that makes it so much harder to except the true fact that each and everyone of us is perfect? If you've tuned in this week, I'm sure you've seen plenty of posts from the J.O.A.L.L.A.P gals on this so I wont reiterate the things that you've been hearing this week, or maybe even all your life. Instead, I compiled a list of my favorite songs that always give me a confidence boost when i'm feeling my lowest. As the quote says, "Confidence is silent, Insecurities are loud." What if we just blast some music to block out all the insecurity for a sec? Yeah? I think it's a good idea too.


                                      My confidence Playlist    

1. I Will Not Bow-Breaking Benjamin
If you ever feel like the world is against you. Dealing with bullies, or words someone has spoken to you just wont leave you alone, this song will remind you that you are strong and nothing can break you.

I will not bow
I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall
I will not fade
I will take your breath away


2.Just The Way you are-Bruno Mars
Okay, quick confession,sometimes I pretend Bruno Mars is singing this song to me. Hashtag don't judge me

When I see your face (face face...)
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing (amazing)Just the way you are (are)


3.Circles-Christina Aguilera
Warning-song has been known to make the shyest girls feel extremely bad as*

Figure-eight on my middle, try to break me but you can just
Spin around in circles on my middle middle finger


4.Best of Me-Christina Aguilera
Can you tell I was completely obsessed with the Lotus album? (Ten points if you can guess what else it inspired. ^_^)

Heartbroken and beaten
Knocked down and mistreated
I will rise undefeated
I will not let you bring me down.


5.Crooked Smile-J.Cole
So this song was like a breath of fresh air. I listen to it whenever I feel like"Gosh I see so many pretty girls, I wish I had  worn makeup today." Or, "Maybe if I change this about myself, I'll be happier  or beautiful, or get more attention." Look, It doesn't freaking matter!
But it's clear that you can't face what's wrong; no need to fix
What God already put his paint brush on; your roommate yelling
"Why you gotta take so long?" What it's like to have a crooked smile


6.Who You Are-Jessie J
This is for whenever you feel like you should change for someone else, or if you have changed for someone else. Please remember that there is nothing wrong with who you are.

But tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
There's nothing wrong with who you are



       There are obviously so many incredible songs that you can listen to but please don't think that I'm saying a song is solely whats needed to make you feel better about yourself. Here's the truth that no one can take away, beauty doesn't mean being rail thin, or being attractive to a certain guy you like. Beauty isn't having gorgeous long blonde hair or bouncy dark curls. Despite what the media and everyone tries to make us believe, NONE of these things are the definition of beauty. Instead, these are the definitions

beau·ty

  [byoo-tee]  Show IPA
noun, plural beau·ties.
1.
the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind,whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, soundetc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).
2.
a beautiful person, especially a woman.
3.
a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
4.
Often, beauties. something that is beautiful in nature or in some natural or artificial environment.
5.
an individually pleasing or beautiful quality; gracecharm: a vivid blue area that is the one real beauty ofthe painting.

     If you've noticed, there is not one clear definition of beauty telling you what it is, or how to be beautiful. This is because there is no definition of beauty. Beauty is natural and I'm not saying natural as in no makeup, I mean that beautiful seed of radiance that every single human being has inside of them since the moment of your birth. If someone is shallow enough to see your outershell before they can see your natural beauty then obviously, their soul is even uglier than any words they can say to make you feel self conscious.

     Be proud of who you are and regret nothing. And on those bad days, just play a little musical confidece to drown out the insecurities.

~Leah



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you think! But keep in mind negativity will be quickly deleted, and you will be banned from this site!
What you type here, will be for the public's eye. For a more personal approach feel free to email us! (All of our emails will be in the 'Meet G.o.a.l.l.a.p' tab!)